How can I keep my suction side cleaner hose out of the way of my Betta?

PumpinIron

Bronze Supporter
Aug 20, 2022
Florence, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
They say a picture says a thousand words, well check this picture out.

My Betta is constantly coming in contact with the suction side cleaner hose and thus getting stuck. It happens everyday more often than I can count.

I bought these weights for the hose thinking it would help:

I played around with different combinations thinking maybe I could get the hose to sit just slightly below the surface (enough for the Betta to skim over) but alas, no luck. What happened every time is that the hose would eventually just sink to the bottom of the pool floor.

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on how I might remedy this? It's very frustrating to say the least.

IMG_6325.jpg

I had the same problem with my Betta 1 and the Barracuda hose. I used weights to take the hose slightly below the surface but that did not work too well and it hung up often. But after I got the Betta 2 the problem went away for the most part, I still use the weights but I think the Betta 2 is more powerful. It pushes the hose sometimes and then eventually gets over it.

I originally used lead fishing sinkers with wire run through them but the wire would eventually wear through the lead and the sinkers would fall off. I then switched to brass copper tubing nuts of various sizes attaching them with electrical wire at intervals on the hose for best hose depth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.