Bronze Supporter
Apr 17, 2022
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My CYA was measuring low this AM (it rained quite a bit in the past couple of days) so I added 4 oz (5500 gallon pool, recommended was 8 oz on pool math but I do half and then check).

Unfortunately I hadn’t had my coffee yet and wasn’t thinking clearly at all, so I just sprinkled it in around the edges of the pool. Then I remembered I was supposed to put it in a pool sock in the skimmer.

Of course the dry stabilizer settled to the bottom, I put the vacuum in the spa and will switch it to the pool in an hour, and I brushed the bottom and will brush again in about a half hour, but then I need to leave for work.

I can also heat the pool if that would help it dissolve more quickly? It’s newish plaster, the pool is about three weeks old. How badly did I mess up here?

Your signature doesn't specific what type of filter you have, but we can assume you vacuumed the stabilizer to the filter correct? In that case, just leave it alone. It will take a few days to completely dissolve. I wouldn't go out of my way to heat the water, it's just going to take time.

Reactions: NtxMelanie
Your signature doesn't specific what type of filter you have, but we can assume you vacuumed the stabilizer to the filter correct? In that case, just leave it alone. It will take a few days to completely dissolve. I wouldn't go out of my way to heat the water, it's just going to take time.
I have a Pentair cartridge filter and a little robot vacuum.

Reactions: Texas Splash
I have a Pentair cartridge filter and a little robot vacuum.
Try to leave the filter alone for a few days if you can. If you have to rinse it, you may lose some of the undissolved stabilizer.

Reactions: NtxMelanie
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.