Houston pool build - all filled up, time to swim!

The cool deck was done along with sod around the pool, our water is now blue and the waterbowls are installed! PB is coming by Monday to hookup screenlogic, fill bowls with black lava rock, and collect his final check 🤣

Here are some shots of how it looks now along with some examples of the wet edge moonlight and diamond head treasure.

PXL_20201024_185330540.jpgPXL_20201024_185319796.jpgPXL_20201024_185303081.jpgPXL_20201024_185223233.jpg

Edit: bonus points if you can find the 3 pouralids! They blend in so well I'm glad I saw them on this site.

Last edited:
@Whiskeyfox for future reference - what is the height of your water feature? Also what is the height and width of the spa overflow into the pool? Is the spa overflow always on or can you turn that on or off when in Pool Mode?
All looks great. I am sure the family is happy.

Reactions: Whiskeyfox

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Spa overflow is 8.5ft long, 1ft from edge to water. 6ft waterfall is 20inches above water & the bowl water features are 36 inches from water. I believe the spa overflow only turns off in spa mode.

Thank you all for the nice comments :)

Gorgeous! Everything turned out perfectly.
Could only see the pouralid in the first pic, on the left, just in front of the spa.
Did you reply to Herman with the dimensions of your wall? Seems to be something most folks leave off of their signature. I'm also curious.
Enjoy your oasis!

Gorgeous! Everything turned out perfectly.
Could only see the pouralid in the first pic, on the left, just in front of the spa.
Did you reply to Herman with the dimensions of your wall? Seems to be something most folks leave off of their signature. I'm also curious.
Enjoy your oasis!
Yes I did it's a few posts up :) seems too lengthy to put in my sig lol

Reactions: Girija
Spa overflow is 8.5ft long, 1ft from edge to water. 6ft waterfall is 20inches above water & the bowl water features are 36 inches from water. I believe the spa overflow only turns off in spa mode.

Thank you all for the nice comments :)

Your pool looks amazing!! I am looking over my bids, I think I am going to raise my walls now that I see your photos. One of my walls is 18 inches and the other is 12 inches; I want them bigger now. =)

Also, this is probably a really dumb question, but in your intro to this thread, you said the pool was 16x40; is that inclusive of spa and ledge, or just the "pool" part (the middle part).

The 16x40 is just the pool part. Close to 52ft long adding the spa and tanning ledge.

PXL_20201025_024337588.jpg

Here's a night shot haha. Wife and I just got out of the pool, I heated it up to 82 from 75 and it was nice to swim in. It took about 45-50 mins per degree and air temp is about 64 atm, little slower than I was hoping for but still nice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.