Houston (inside loop) city/county code regulations

May 18, 2018
Houston
I am just getting started on getting small pool on my property. I have a very narrow backyard so it be will something like 8-10ft W x 30ft L.
I am getting conflicting information on how far the pool needs to be away from the house, fence, easement and power lines (which run over the easement above my fence)
for the City of Houston (inside the loop). The following are what I understand to be true. Can anyone confirm or correct what I have heard and offer any insight on this.

1) 5 feet off the easement
2) 5 feet from any wall (but you can within 2 feet of the foundation with engineering waiver??)
3) 28 ft from the power line from a line drawn from the line to the ground that forms a right triangle.

Thanks

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

This seems like a question that would be better suited for your local regulatory authority ... does not matter what we think. Only matters what your inspectors think. ;)

Your inspector and PB should know and tell you. Our pool is very similar, between house and power lines. Our neighborhood is underground lines but the older one we back up to has aerial on our easement. Odd, because they have aerial in front of them also. It's just one street. Lol

The restrictions were similar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.