Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
My pool is about 25 years old and was not cared for very well by the previous owners. There is a ton of rough spots and I am pretty sure I need a replaster. Someone recommended pool works. Any other recommendations? Also is it worth it to go with a premium finish like quartz or pebble tech?

These days I'd say most in pool friendly Texas go with an upgraded finish. Often pebble and maybe a bit less often a quartz finish. A standard plaster finish should last 15-ish years (maybe many more if you don't mind a rougher feel and not perfect appearance) if water quality is properly maintained. Any upgrades get longer life, again, with proper chemistry maintained. But the biggest feature is the appearance. Many like the options provided on the looks side of things.

We went with tinted plaster (tinted with quartz). And love it, but it's a naturally mottled look and not for everyone. However, it was an almost no-cost upgrade so super wallet friendly.

Thanks for the info. A quick google search shows over a dozen companies in Houston that do this type of work. I really dont even know where to start.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.