Houston Area Pool Build

Smartly arranged -- I like how you bumped the edge out for your bench seat, included a stepout right by the spa, and angled the pool to the house.

Thanks for noticing all that. The angle was our idea, we redrew it for the PB and he made it happen. The steps were his idea and we love it. We also (last minute this morning) extended the tanning ledge another 1.5 Ft. and made the middle step of the tanning ledge connect to the bench by the spa (for the kiddos to play/run back and forth on). We're happy with how it's all coming together.

Thanks Everyone. Now the fun part, I need yalls help to spend my money. We're trying to decide on the Coping, stone surround for the spa and we're also going to have 1000 sq ft of decking that we're going to have stamped to look like travertine type tiles.

Pool finish: Will be Pebblesheen, leaning towards blue surf.

For the Coping: We're leaning towards Oklahoma Wistor, but hesitant because this comes in so many variations. We don't want light colored stone, we want a darker. When you search for Oklahoma Wistor on google images, you get such a variety of different colors.

The Spa surround: We're looking at Split Face Fantastico, like in the pic below.

Decking: Not sure on colors, what do you guys think?

We like the overall look of the flagstone in the pic below, and colors. PB tells me this is Ok Wistor, but Im not so sure it is.

Appreciate any input you guys have.

Whatever they call that decking GET IT! I love it! You can go down to the stone yard and look at the different baskets and piles to pick out the one you want. You can even pick out two and pick the ones you want out of each one.

I like the stacked stone also.

You are good to go with what you picked out! I "give you permission" to go with these colors! LOL

Kim

Whatever they call that decking GET IT! I love it! You can go down to the stone yard and look at the different baskets and piles to pick out the one you want. You can even pick out two and pick the ones you want out of each one.

I like the stacked stone also.

You are good to go with what you picked out! I "give you permission" to go with these colors! LOL

Kim

Hey Kim, thanks for the stamp of approval! :) Just to be clear though, we are doing flagstone coping and the stamped concrete. That pic above is all flagstone. So, we're trying to decide the color of the coping flagstone and then the colors of the decking. Make sense?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That flagstone looks wet which would make it hard to compare to samples which are generally viewed dry.

Well the free form aka curves will add some "interest" to your cuts for sure. Some people like it and some do not. Your stone worker really needs to be on their game to make it look great.

It is YOUR pool find what makes you smile when you see it!

Kim

You might consider a concrete pebble finish in lieu of stamping. Mine is pebble with PA blue stone patio border to match the stacked stone for the pool walls. We love it, easy to clean and doesn't get hot in the summer.

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

Hi Modena, thanks for the message and suggestion. Do you have a close up pic of your concrete?

- - - Updated - - -

That's a gorgeous backyard Modena!

Hi Marla, your pool is looking like a pool!!! You're only a couple weeks behind me, we'll be finished in no time!

- - - Updated - - -

Spa stone and half the waterline tile done.

Hi Modena, thanks for the message and suggestion. Do you have a close up pic of your concrete?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Marla, your pool is looking like a pool!!! You're only a couple weeks behind me, we'll be finished in no time!

- - - Updated - - -

Spa stone and half the waterline tile done.

Pardon the look - it's winter here and we just had a blizzard a week ago

Here's the exposed aggregate concrete with PA Blue Stone accent border and stone patio extension. I incorporated the stone to complement the pool and pond stonework

73210da4b49be82e851b9c66decd4a8c.jpg
bc76a994f381014ed8eec33bfb865402.jpg

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.