Hot Tub SWG Output level in PoolMath app

Wonko80

Apr 21, 2020
Frisco, TX
Hello, I'm new to use TFP/PoolMath for my main pool (also saltwater). We have a standalone hot tub (Hot Springs) that I want to add to the app so I can track levels for it as well. In looking at the specs for the SWG on the hot tub, it can produce 17 grams of free chlorine per day. By my rough Google math, that is 0.375 gallons per day. However, when I get to the step to select the SWG then none of the listed SWG have an output low enough. If I just try to type in the output amount, the app freezes and I then have to kill it. It seems that if I start with a 0 or a . (period/decimal) then the app freezes. If I type in any other number it works fine but then I can't get the output level right. FYI, I'm on a Pixel 4 phone.

What can I do to get my hot tub setup in the PoolMath app?

Thanks!

Hello, and welcome to TFP!

We are aware of this issue and it's currently in the books to be addressed. I suspect it's got something to do with the decimal point not being "hooked up" however I've yet to be able to really sit down with the developer of the App to hash things out. I'll drop him a line this week to see his timeline on pushing out a "bug fix" update and we'll see where things are heading.

Ya know, let me see if I can maybe think out a side stepping attempt to get this to work.

What if you try this.......
Daily, click on the + icon on the bottom, and then select "Chemical Addition." From there select the SWG and THEN alter your 24 hour SWG Output. Also, go ahead and enter how long you're running your pump and what SWG percentage you're using. Lastly, then click the check mark and it should save your addition.

Give that a try........let's see if that helps you achieve your goal?

I'm doing this too and confused by math (happens a lot). The Salt System says it can produce a maximum of 17 grams of FC a day. There are 453 grams in a pound, so 17 is 3.74 percent. 3.74 percent of a pound would be 0.0374 ? Or is it .374?
My brain hurts haha!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.