Hot tub leaking - how to remove sides

I have a 2 year-old Hot Spring Sovereign about 3 months out of warranty.
It has started losing water. About 1/2 an inch per week. Not enough to be obvious.
Any ideas how to remove the sides without damaging them so I can look for the leak? I don't see any obvious screws or fasteners.

If no screws are visible, the other 3 sides may be stapled to the wood frame, which wouldn't be unusual even on a higher end tub like Hot Spring. If so, just carefully pry them off or tap them off from the inside after removing the access panel . You may have to use wood screws to button it back up again.
The other place to check is on the bottom of the panels. My Caldera (made by the same company as Hot Spring) has latches that have to be turned with an screwdriver to release the panels. Very hard to see.

Last edited:
Couldn't get any decent pictures but can't see any screw holes or even staples. The outside is completely smooth.
Also, can't get to the side panels through the access panel as it's blocked by either wooden walls or foam insulation.
Won't get chance to take another look before the weekend now.
When it was installed, I asked about access to the side panels and was told "you'll never need to access those". :unsure:

Sounds like you have a full foam hot tub - found on the newer Hot Springs spas, and yours is only a few years old.

I saw a video recently showing repair of one of these types of spas, it is a bit of a hassle, as you will need to remove the panels (stapled most likely), cut out/dig/saw a bunch of foam to get to the leak, and then do your repairs. Now I think the biggest issue is finding the leak with all that foam covering everything.

Here is a video that shows what I am talking about...hope it helps.

Sounds like you have a full foam hot tub - found on the newer Hot Springs spas, and yours is only a few years old.

I saw a video recently showing repair of one of these types of spas, it is a bit of a hassle, as you will need to remove the panels (stapled most likely), cut out/dig/saw a bunch of foam to get to the leak, and then do your repairs. Now I think the biggest issue is finding the leak with all that foam covering everything.

Here is a video that shows what I am talking about...hope it helps.

That is very useful and at the same time, daunting. The side panels appear to be some sort of faux wood. The video said newer ones had an L bracket at the bottom.

The good news is I just re-checked the warranty and it looks like it's warranted for 5 years (not 2) so may just have to contact my dealer. The bad news is it's such a small leak, they may never find it. I don't see any water dripping from the sides nor any running from underneath. It's sat on a block paver patio so may just be seeping through the gaps between.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.