Hot Tub in a Car Crash

It can be dangeeous to deliver on soggy or unstable ground. One wheel on that dolly sinks and it's going down. I train guys to get the F out of he way if that happens. Trying to save it can break you permanently.

I think it is a normal human reaction. I have worked in a number of different jobs that involved moving heavy stuff around - unloading trucks, moving pallets, heavy construction, outside plant telecommunication construction, etc.

No matter how many times you drill it into people that they need to get clear if things start to shift, every so often you get the one person who tries to push the 5,000 lb load back into place by themselves. I think it is just human nature for some people to try and do it, even though they know they can't even begin to move what they are trying to catch.

Reactions: RDspaguy
This just gets better and better (or worse and worse)

The trucking company said they would insure the tub for 30 days from the accident - however it did not get out of impound for over 30 days - so that was useless.

When it got to the retailer, they opened up the tub immediately to check it. They said it looked good.

Today (about 1 week after it got delivered to the retailer) the tub was delivered.

Large cracks in the skirting. Random hardware (screws, nuts, bolts) rolling around inside the tub, and no cover

My friends called Bullfrog. Bullfrog says "not our problem, it is the vendors responsibility as soon as it leaves our dock"
The trucking company says "we gave you 30 days to look for damages"
The vendor says "how are we supposed to pay for an other $15,000+ tub out of pocket?"
My friends say "I don't care how, I just want a brand new tub"

Honestly, I am a little surprised at Bullfrog and the Vendor. Clearly a damage tub was delivered to the end customer. You would think they would get a new one going and hash out the problems between the two of them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.