Hot Tub Identification

Chris milam

Feb 9, 2021
Columbus georgia
Moved from here.
I just got this hot tub but it doesn't have anything but the shell how do I know what it is so I can get a pump and stuff for it

Attachments

• 20210209_124911.jpg
    20210209_124911.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210209_124904_HDR.jpg
    20210209_124904_HDR.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
It's an acrylic shell, all of the hardware on the tub visible in the pic were commonly used in the 80's ( jet's, high mounted suction fitting, air control knob, air button ) and the air line holes on the seat area inside also date the shell to the 80's

It doesn't matter what it is, I can make a hot tub out of a 5 gallon bucket, what matters is whether or not it has any restorative potential that would justify the costs necessary to make it operational again, that answer is NO.

The structural integrity of the acrylic sheet would automatically banish it to the reject pile, not to mention the current state of the mechanical bond between the gelcoat and acrylic sheet and any issues with the air channel, all were problematic known warranty issues with this manufacturing process.

Don't put lipstick on a pig.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.