Hot Tub Covers

Where did you order from?
Most of the places recommended here custom make the covers so that takes time.

Reactions: phonedave
Hot Cover for Sundance Edison is hard to replace. Been on order now for 4 months! What is going on with this industry?
Resin is still in short supply. It is not the hot tub industry per se. It is all industries that use plastic resins.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Where did you order from?
Most of the places recommended here custom make the covers so that takes time.

This too - with resin in short supply, when they order a custom cover, they have to "get in line" to have it made.

Thank you all! We ordered through our Hot Tub guy. Do not know who he placed the order with just that they cannot deliver yet. He did not mention the resin issue but I see that is bottleneck.

Thank you all! We ordered through our Hot Tub guy. Do not know who he placed the order with just that they cannot deliver yet. He did not mention the resin issue but I see that is bottleneck.

If it is like any "Hot Tub Guy" I know of, they do not keep covers in stock (it is a cost they cannot afford). They order it from somewhere else (likely the spa manufacturer). Guess what, spa manufacturers do not make their own covers (as well as many of the guts of a spa) they source them from somewhere else.

So you called your guy, he called his guy, and that guy called their guy. Each time they are getting in line for the next delayed cover.

If it is like any "Hot Tub Guy" I know of, they do not keep covers in stock (it is a cost they cannot afford). They order it from somewhere else (likely the spa manufacturer). Guess what, spa manufacturers do not make their own covers (as well as many of the guts of a spa) they source them from somewhere else.

So you called your guy, he called his guy, and that guy called their guy. Each time they are getting in line for the next delayed cover.

Sure, but it is the responsibility of the initial contact "guy" that is selling you the product to give you expectations. If I am being sold a cover from him, I am not only paying for the cover itself, but for the timeframe he is telling me he will deliver it at. I would actually have this written in the contract and invoice. After that, I don't care how many guys they have to contact to make it happen, that is not my business. If the cover is significantly delayed I would demand compensation for that delay.

If they guy you are directly buying the cover from tells you he can get it to you in 2-4 weeks, while knowing that it is completely bull just to entice you to purchase from him, that is downright deceitful and in my opinion, complete fraud.

So the question is, what did they tell you the turnaround would be for when you purchase the cover. Covers have been massively delayed for well over a year now so everyone in the industry knows they will take many months to make and get to you. If they told you 2-4 weeks, they downright lied.

If they clearly explained it is usually 2-4 weeks but unfortunately these days there is a shortage of material and it may take up to 3 months or a bit more, and you are now waiting 4 months, that's a whole different story.

Sure, but it is the responsibility of the initial contact "guy" that is selling you the product to give you expectations. If I am being sold a cover from him, I am not only paying for the cover itself, but for the timeframe he is telling me he will deliver it at. I would actually have this written in the contract and invoice. After that, I don't care how many guys they have to contact to make it happen, that is not my business. If the cover is significantly delayed I would demand compensation for that delay.

If they guy you are directly buying the cover from tells you he can get it to you in 2-4 weeks, while knowing that it is completely bull just to entice you to purchase from him, that is downright deceitful and in my opinion, complete fraud.

So the question is, what did they tell you the turnaround would be for when you purchase the cover. Covers have been massively delayed for well over a year now so everyone in the industry knows they will take many months to make and get to you. If they told you 2-4 weeks, they downright lied.

If they clearly explained it is usually 2-4 weeks but unfortunately these days there is a shortage of material and it may take up to 3 months or a bit more, and you are now waiting 4 months, that's a whole different story.

I am not the OP who ordered the cover.

However unless it is a specific contract (usually asked for by the buyer) most timeframes are best effort.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.