Hot tub cabinet panel broke and needs to be replaced. Service company ordered wrong size.

Aug 6, 2018
Indianapolis
Hi all,

I have an Artesian hot tub. The cabinet panel on it broke after owning it for only a few months. It was under warranty from the company I purchased it from. They came out to replace it, but they ordered the wrong size panel. They said it's about .5" too long and 2" too tall. They are going to just take it to a table saw and cut it to size. Does that seem fine? I don't see why cutting it down to size with a table saw would be a problem, but I'd feel better if they had just ordered the right size to begin with. Not sure if it's worth making a fuss over or not and wanted to see what others thought. Just let them cut it and be done? Or push back for them to order the correct size from the manufacturer?

Artesian sides are composite, IE plastic. They cut fine. I needed to trim a pair of battens on mine to install my cover lifter. (I wanted my lifter as far to the end as I could get it, that meant cutting a batten on each side)
A circular saw makes short work of the composite material. As long as the shop does it right, there will be no issues. It wouldn't bother me at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.