Hot Tub Blower For The Pool

Opasan45

Mar 7, 2021
Orlando, FL
Maybe an odd question since I haven't seen any answers searching TFP or online. The other day we were in our pool and our solar turns on, the amount of bubbles that comes into the pool is always a treat and we all fight for the perfect spot where the water comes out nice and hot. My wife asked me if we could get bubbles coming out all the time. Our pool has three returns at the bottom of the pool and two small ones at the waterline. So a nice feature would be to have it bubble while sitting on top of one.

Could I plumb a spa blower (2hp) and inject air into the lines to produce this? Kind of like closing the pool for the season but on demand...?

Could I plumb a spa blower (2hp) and inject air into the lines to produce this? Kind of like closing the pool for the season but on demand...?

No, the spa blower will overhat and shutdown.

The spa air line runs separately to the spa and joins with each jet at a manifold to combine air with water.

See https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0507900.pdf

This is the type of manifold used at the spa jets to combine air and water...

full

Thanks so much for the answer - was worth the idea for a few minutes :) Why would the blower overheat?

The blower does not have sufficient air volume to move a water column. It is designed to blow into an air line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.