Hot mess - feeling clueless with first Ever reopening after winter.

fallenstar01

Jun 1, 2019
Delaware
Hi helpful friends,
I’m having trouble balancing the water. At re-opening there are crystals on the sides of plaster pool. Took water to store for a reading and they told us high ph but low alkalinity. They gave us chemicals to address both. Now there are piles of white crystals on the bottom of the pool and I don’t know if it is undissolved chemicals or more crystal (I have tried brushing it around). I also have a cya level of 100 without having put any chlorine in yet. I haven’t shocked the pool because I can’t get the chemicals to balance even with everything I’ve added. So far the water isn’t green at least. My last reading was
ph over 8.0
Alk 150
CYA 100
Calcium 250
No chlorine yet

my pool is a new plaster pool as of last year. D.E. filter.

get yourself the right test kit the TF-100 and stop going to the pool store. To start def drain some of your pool, I'm assuming you were using pucks and that's why your CYA number is so high? Drain and refill to lower the CYA and start using about a gallon a day of liquid chlorine or bleach until you get the TF-100 kit

Reactions: fallenstar01
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.