Hooking Circupool rj series to aqualink rs6

Jun 3, 2017
Richmond TX
I am converting to swg after having to overflow a pool volume due to high CYA. I went with the Circupool RJ 60 system. I am gathering all of the necessary things before I tear in. My only road block is hooking into my aqualink rs6 panel. I am looking for a way to wire so that the salt cell is only active when the filter pump is on and the system is in pool mode. I am not looking for automation or control of the swg. I am limited on space so I have to install the cell before the pool/spa return valves. I don’t want to run the cell when I’m spa mode.
Any help is appreciated.

I am looking for a way to wire so that the salt cell is only active when the filter pump is on and the system is in pool mode. I am not looking for automation or control of the swg. I am limited on space so I have to install the cell before the pool/spa return valves. I don’t want to run the cell when I’m spa mode.

Welcome to TFP.

You can't.

All you can do is wire the RJ60 power to the pump relay so the SWG is powered when the pump is powered and is off when the pump is off.

Some SWG's that are compatiable with the automation panel can adjust output between pool mode and spa mode.

Reactions: P0oLN0ob
I know this is an older question, but I wanted to add a little more information for anyone looking for info on this in the future. Althought you can't get the RJ controller to communicate with the pool controller (for instance to determine whether in pool or spa mode as asked here), you can use the flow switch to solve the specific question asked. Place the electolytic cell upstream of the pool/spa return actuated valve and place the flow switch downstream of the valve on the pool leg. Power the RJ controller from the pump relay as mentioned previously. If you do this, everything should work exactly as you want. The cell will only turn on when the pump is on. In spa mode, it will get a low flow signal and remain off. In pool mode, it will generate as desired.