Hole in Liner, Repaired now Scared! HELP!

Jun 25, 2018
Chicago
This is our second summer with this Intex pool so very new to this! Some animal bit through our liner and left a hole the size of my palm. We went to pool store bought a vinyl repair kit. We emptied the pool patched it up inside AND out and filled it 3/4. Now the outside patch has a huge bubble and my husband is concerned it will burst and create havoc. What do we do now? Empty pool. Try to take off patch and start again? My husband thinks we should call it a loss and take it down but my girls love this pool. Were completely clueless. Please help ASAP!

Attachments

• 20180625_191439.jpg
    20180625_191439.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 188
I haven't found anything remotely affordable in terms of cutting a new liner. I found patches in Amazon with great reviews I can try but...

Most important questions are will the bubble burst? Are we in danger of pool busting and ruining our neighbors everything? Is there a way to remove outside patch or bubbles in patch without draining pool again?

I was not suggesting a liner to cut for patches but to replace the torn one

Yes sorry that was autocorrect. Meant to say buying new liner. I checked and couldn't find anything remotely reasonable to buy a brand new liner.

- - - Updated - - -

bubble not good, thin vinyl can't hold like the intex thick reinforced material. at least slap a bunch of gorilla tape on that ASAP.

Do you know if we can pop the bubble then reinforce with a new patch? The bubble is on the exterior patch not interior patch. We sandwiched a patch on inside and outside.

Do you know if we can pop the bubble then reinforce with a new patch? The bubble is on the exterior patch not interior patch. We sandwiched a patch on inside and outside.

I wouldn't bother, it would just add a weak spot you don't need. How big is the hole compared to that patch? I would put some strong tape all over that, especially horizontally. What is in the direction of that side of the pool if it should suddenly rupture and dump all the water?

I wouldn't bother, it would just add a weak spot you don't need. How big is the hole compared to that patch? I would put some strong tape all over that, especially horizontally. What is in the direction of that side of the pool if it should suddenly rupture and dump all the water?

The hole is size of my palm and patch is about 4x as big length and double as wide. Our neighbor's yard is 2 ft. away!

The bubble seems to be almost the same size as the hole but on the exterior patch not interior. We thought we should pop it to be sure it's a bubble of air not water then reinforce with another bigger patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Can I put this directly over the patch I already put on, the one with bubbles?

If the bubble is on the inside of the pool then it is just an air bubble. It looks like trapped air in the outside patch as well. Do not pop the air bubbles. As long as it doesn't look like water is pushing the patch out from the inside of the pool the patch is fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The only potential problem is The intex pool being a soft side pool the liner is thicker and has some type of fiber woven in the layers of liner for strength since there is not a metal outer skin for support.
The patch in the picture looks like a normal vinyl only type material that would not be as strong

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.