HOCL residual

When your FC demand is balanced with your SWG’s output you don’t really see a daily drop in FC. We measure the difference in the balance and then adjust the SWG accordingly.
Hey mate, I was reading through some of the older posts but couldn't quite get anything thing definitive. Do you feel that a pH of 7.8 for a fibreglass pool is ok?
I use hardly any acid with it set to 7.8 but maybe I should be running it back closer to 7.6?
I also like how 7.8 keeps my pool LSI balanced in the colder temps. Maybe I'm overthinking at it doesn't really matter?

Hey mate, I was reading through some of the older posts but couldn't quite get anything thing definitive. Do you feel that a pH of 7.8 for a fibreglass pool is ok?
I use hardly any acid with it set to 7.8 but maybe I should be running it back closer to 7.6?
I also like how 7.8 keeps my pool LSI balanced in the colder temps. Maybe I'm overthinking at it doesn't really matter?
You are overthinking it. Let it be where it wants. 7.8-8.0 is just fine.

Reactions: Newdude
Unfortunatly I have no experience with the chemistry of fibreglass but did have a fibreglass boat that sat on an ocean mooring for years in sea water at a pH of 8.3 and the oil, petrol sea water mix on the inside. I don’t really understand the reasoning behind the recomendations to maintain a low pH and even a low temperature as I’ve heard In some cases.

Perhaps @Texas Splash could help us.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Just tried to find it online, but there only seem to be downloads for purchase available. But on standards.org.au I found the information "Status: Pending Revision" and "Withdrawn: 2016". So, I might hold off buying this document. But I haven't got much hope that a new revision would be released anytime soon if it's already pending since 2016.
Hey mate, how do you go about doing your salt checks? Do you use the Clear Choice test?
I've bought a cheapo TDS meter, the ppm of our tap water is something like 150. So, as long as my pool TDS is above about 4400 then I assume the salt level is OK.
Do you see this as adequate?
I see we have the same sort of SWG.

Hey mate, how do you go about doing your salt checks? Do you use the Clear Choice test?
I've bought a cheapo TDS meter, the ppm of our tap water is something like 150. So, as long as my pool TDS is above about 4400 then I assume the salt level is OK.
Do you see this as adequate?
I see we have the same sort of SWG.

I have an Apera Salt20 meter that I use to track changes. From time to time I do a drop test, either Clear Choice Labs or an actual Taylor import. I use the drop test as a benchmark and then the meter to track changes.

TDS and Salt meters both measure conductivity and then apply conversion factors to get a TDS/salt reading. For that, assumptions must be made about the composition of the water, as each ion type contributes differently to the conductivity. TFS is higher than salt.

Reactions: xDom
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.