Los Angeles
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Should I take my solar cover off? Or just leave it on through a storm. Does it even matter? I’m not excited about our first tropical storm. What even?!!!!

For someone who gets a lot of tropical storms here is my advice. It’s going to be less about the wind and more about the rain. But I would put away any umbrellas or light stuff that can blow around.

Take the cover off and store it. If you are sure you are getting the rain, you might want to lower your water level and inch or two. If you dont have an auto drain do this for sure. Bump up your FC a little, and if you have a variable speed pump have your water circulating while the deluge is happening.

Reactions: kul
I'd go to SLAM slightly ahead of the storm. There's no telling what will blow in, or how long power might be out. Slam will buy you 2 days or more without worrying about the FC level.

Good luck. I pulled up this old thread as well for the SoCal folks and anyone in the path of the Atlantic storms trying to form.

Living in Florida for 40 years I cant say there isn't much more you can do than the obvious stuff like clear out any loose debris that can become a projectile and hurt your home or your neighbors. I wouldnt drain the pool or add any chemicals before hand because you dont know if and how bad you will get hit. Do think about your pool without power. Most dont consider that even TS force winds can knock out an entire towns power for days. That means no pump and chlorine generator ect. If you get some nasty winds and rain, hopefully you will just have a little cleaning and a little water to drain and thats it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.