TigerGalLE

Jun 10, 2020
Upstate South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
So I had to add 7lbs of stabilizer to my pool and I am still learning and missed the step of perfecting TA first. So now my pH is 7.2 and my TA is 110. I’m aerating the pool now and hoping that’ll raise my pH and then I can add MA. Is this the right steps to take? I have a 18,000g fiberglass pool with SWG

Yes, though honestly any pH in the 7s is fine. 7.2 is ok. No need to force the pH up as it will drift up over time on its own unless something acidic like pucks are used. Are you sticking to the SWG for chlorination?

Reactions: TigerGalLE
No need to focus on TA. When your pH reaches 8 and you need to lower it, do the TA test as you will need the value in Poolmath to see how much acid to add. Otherwise, do not focus on it. Enjoy your pool.

So I had to add 7lbs of stabilizer to my pool and I am still learning and missed the step of perfecting TA first. So now my pH is 7.2 and my TA is 110. I’m aerating the pool now and hoping that’ll raise my pH and then I can add MA. Is this the right steps to take? I have a 18,000g fiberglass pool with SWG
Nothing wrong with those two numbers. The big question is: what does the water look like? Nobody but us cares about numbers. The rest of the world looks for crystal clear sparkling water that doesn't smell and doesn't dry skin or sting eyes. The numbers are just a tool to get you there. And what are the rest of the numbers? Taken as a whole, they will tell you if TA is something urgent or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.