High pressure

denise111

Apr 26, 2022
Riverside, CA
Hello, I have a Hayward filter model number C3025. It's an older filter. It is running at 30 and it is usually at 20. We cleaned the filters. I bought a new air relief hose and am going to put that in. The one inside is really short maybe 12 inches. I wonder if it broke off. Even after I manually bleed the valve it is staying at 30 . Any ideas? We have had a lot of wind storms and sand in the pool but the filters are clean. I'm worried it might explode. Is there a filter at the bottom of the hose? There is suction in the skimmer and the vacumn is working properly. Is 30 too high for an old filter ?

Some questions I have about your pressure issue:
- How old are the cartridges?
- How did you clean them?
- Have any oils, floc, or clarifiers been added to the water?
- Have you ever used acid to clean the cartridges?
- Does the pressure gauge fall to zero when the system is off?
- Is the pressure immediately high at 30, or does it start lower an increase quickly, resulting in less water flow to the return jets?

Hello, Thanks for your reply. I read other threads on this site and I just ordered new filters. They are more than 4 years old. So I will see what happens when I put them in. I have a salt water pool. Yes the gauge falls to zero. It goes pretty quickly to 30psi. The jets in the pool seem fine I have a raised waterfall. I haven't got the breathing tube yet. Do you know if there is a tiny filter at the bottom the tube? I have the old version of Hayward. The tube is on the side not up the middle of the filter cartridges. Am I ok to run it at 30 psi for a while until the parts come in? Or until I can get a tech if the new parts don't work? Please let me know. Thank you

The vent tube is probably connected to the lower portion of the filter/manifold. The vert tube (end) may have a small screen on it (mine doesn't), but that would be it. If the filter pressure is increasing quickly after cleaning, I would be curious to see a full set of water test results to ensure you don't have a heavy organic load in the water. Even if the water looks clear, organics can really influence your filter pressure.

What do I do to test the water? What am I testing for if I bring the water to the pool store? We just had major rain storms here more rain then we have ever had. We did pump some water out of the pool since it almost overflowed. Then we added about 4 inches of fresh water.

What do I do to test the water? What am I testing for if I bring the water to the pool store?
We at TFP always recommend homeowner water testing. No one, other than perhaps another TFP member, will test you water as accurately as you - with a proper test kit. We recommend either a TF-Series test kit (link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C. Either one, but you need one of those to test the following:
FC
CC
CYA
PH
TA
CH

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.