High pressure after backwash

May 14, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Hi,
I have a Hayward Pro Grid De (7200) filter that is giving me high pressure after cleaning and occasional air from my returns after bleeding the system at start up. Please help me figure out the problem.

My clean pressure is typically below or around 10 and I backwash at 15. I did a typical backwash and my pressure was good for a short time and then back at 15 and then spiked to 20. My skimmers and lines all look good so I backwashed again and opened everything up to check things out. The grids were slightly crooked like they were trying to lift off of the main tubing and a couple of the small pieces that hold the grids in place were cracked but things were still in place and lined up with the manifold...note that this was a brand new manifold and grid set this season. I fixed the connections, straightened everything out and cleaned my air relief valve which did have a small amount of DE clogging it at the end and re-assembled everything....added 7lbs fresh DE and still can't get it below 14 psi. I am not sure what else to check. The pump sounds fine and the pressure is not changing if I adjust my inline chlorinator or close the bottom drain.

My pool is in-ground, 34,000 gal w/ a hayward de 7200 and 1hp pump w/ inline chlorinator
Thanks

If your filter is clogging (it is) then you must figure out what is clogging it. By far, the likely suspect is algae.

Can you post a complete set of test results and tell us how you have been chlorinating

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.