High Power Wireless Link Kit for IntelliCenter -- success!

Dori123

Aug 8, 2020
utah
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Wanted to post our experience with hooking up our new IntelliCenter via the new "high power wireless link kit," (not EnGenius) as we had some issues and failed to find answers when we searched.

First, we upgraded our EasyTouch 8 panel using the Intellicenter upgrade kit. We did this so that we could install the IntelliChem system to monitor and deploy muriatic acid on an as-needed basis.

We also wanted to be able to monitor things remotely. Pentair apparently no longer supports the ScreenLogic app (plus it sounds like it never worked well on android), and we understand there are issues connecting ScreenLogic to a Google mesh network.

So we decided to upgrade our panel to the IntelliCenter. The upgrade went smoothly and the IntelliChem system seems to be working great so far.

We did have some connectivity and setup issues with our new IntelliCenter though.

The system comes with an outside antenna that is connected to the IntelliCenter control board via an ethernet cable. This antenna communicates wirelessly to a receiver that plugs directly into our router (we use T-mobile high-speed internet). Once these units were powered (and the Enable Web & Mobile Interface setting on the IntelliCenter was set to ON), the IntelliCenter came online with its own IP.

We then tried to create a new account but kept running into problems. We were able to input all information for a new account, but kept getting an error when it tried to create the account. The error was "Unable to connect to WIFI device. Please check the WIFI device is powered, fully booted and the network cable is connected to the ethernet port on the back of the IntelliCenter main board (TCP_ERR)."

We tried to connect to our local network via the Network & Wifi Setup, but the IntelliCenter would search and search for networks but never find any. Simultaneously, we had an IP address and the IntelliCenter was clearly connected to the internet already. So it appeared to need a connection to the local network in order to complete the account setup, but since the new link essentially bypasses the local network, we could not create the account. Catch-22.

Anyway, we ended up bringing our router outside and connected an ethernet cable directly from the router to the IntelliCenter board itself, skipping both the antenna and the receiver. This allowed us to create a new account online. After that, we were able to log in via our mobile devices. After that, we returned the router back inside, reconnected the receiver and the antenna, confirmed that once again the IntelliCenter had an IP address, and everything worked great.

Moral of the story: If you have an existing account to log into, you'll probably be fine. But if you have to create a new one, you may need to hard-wire it in order to get that account set up.

I hope this helps someone!

####

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jimrahbe
FYI with the high power wireless link you do not do WIRELESS SETUP or SEARCH FOR NETWORKS. That is what tripped you up.

I bought the Intellicenter but it is not installed yet.(Pool is in the beginning building phase). My question is how powerful is the high power link. I have Google WiFi and the main is in the garage where I can connect the power link. This is on the opposite side of the house from the Intellicenter. (Approximately 60 feet away). Will it work?

I bought the Intellicenter but it is not installed yet.(Pool is in the beginning building phase). My question is how powerful is the high power link. I have Google WiFi and the main is in the garage where I can connect the power link. This is on the opposite side of the house from the Intellicenter. (Approximately 60 feet away). Will it work?
Depends what type of building materials the signal needs to go through.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a single story all stucco California home. My indoor receiver is 300 feet away with 3 walls blocking the signal and the signal works fine

Reactions: Alaterreur
Great information that helped me alot also wanted to pay this forward. The pool builder was confused as to how this all worked so I had to help him.

Much like what was mentioned here, this is a wireless bridge and not a wireless network interface card. Basically it is a wired connection in your panel with a radio that acts as a cable to your modem.

It takes several minutes to get a connection up and mine took many hours.

For those of you that have multiple wireless devices like me (Google mesh and the Internet wireless modem) the intellicenter app will discover the equipment if you are on the subnet and allow local mode.

For remote I had to add my account a couple of times through the panel (this threw me off).

One option for those that have a wifi extender with an ethernet port bring it to the unit and connect wired so the firmware updates can happen.

One way to see if the bridge is up, is to go to the clock settings and use internet and the time should update instantly.

The range between the radios is about 40 feet across 3 rooms with a stucco finish.

Sorry to ressurect this thread. Our equipment is getting set up now and when I opened the IntelliCenter box I found the wireless link kit mentioned here. We are planning on running ethernet from our home network out to the IntelliCenter. So I *assume* we don't need to bother installing this kit since we will just doing wired directly to the home network. Is that correct?

Sorry to ressurect this thread. Our equipment is getting set up now and when I opened the IntelliCenter box I found the wireless link kit mentioned here. We are planning on running ethernet from our home network out to the IntelliCenter. So I *assume* we don't need to bother installing this kit since we will just doing wired directly to the home network. Is that correct?

Correct. Just plug the network cable into the RJ45 jack on the IntelliCenter board.

Reactions: atlastracer
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.