High pitched squealing noise - Hayward 4 cartridge Filter c3070

NChen9285

Mar 24, 2022
Manalapan, NJ
My 4 cartridge Hayward c3070 filter is making a loud, high pitched, squealing noise coming from the top of the lid area. Does anyone know what this is??

It has been fine all summer so far and the noise is definitely the filter and not the pump. The pressure gauge reads 18 psi (I know I have to clean the cartridge soon). The filter is 1.5 yrs old only.

My 4 cartridge Hayward c3070 filter is making a loud, high pitched, squealing noise coming from the top of the lid area. Does anyone know what this is??

It has been fine all summer so far and the noise is definitely the filter and not the pump. The pressure gauge reads 18 psi (I know I have to clean the cartridge soon). The filter is 1.5 yrs old only.
Probably an air leak between the relief assembly and the tank. They can be removed with a quarter turn to the left to clean and lube the O ring area, which is the likely source. If you use a large pliers/Channel Locks, be gentle, while those parts are not particularly expensive, if it is broken your pool will be down until it can be replaced. With the sound happening, run a bit of soapy water over the assembly. Should see bubbles at the source of the noise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.