High Ph low TA

Russeteggs

May 25, 2022
Ardmore, TN
I've been battling high Ph all summer. It always drifts up to 8 and I bring it back to 7.6 with acid. I was hoping to find a balance with TA, but now my Adjusted TA is a bit low, but I still get the PH drift to 8. At this point I wonder if I should just live with 8?

I'm not the pool chemist here by a long shot, but I looked back through your logs from the beginning and something is not right with your TA numbers. They make impossible jumps from extreme lows to highs and back again from month to month. Are you sure you are testing correctly?

I'm not the pool chemist here by a long shot, but I looked back through your logs from the beginning and something is not right with your TA numbers. They make impossible jumps from extreme lows to highs and back again from month to month. Are you sure you are testing correctly?
I think a couple of times I did a 10ml sample and didn't adjust for CYA.. And I may have threw some numbers in just to calculate how much stabil I needed to correct CYA, or when adding salt.. My apologies. But, today's numbers are accurate and I know for a fact TA has been trending down and PH always creeps up

I switched to my laptop to see your Poolmath data.
The TA numbers are not possible with your kit.

But, today's numbers are accurate and I know for a fact TA has been trending down and PH always creeps up
How are you testing? If you have your own kit, how old are the reagents?

We are all confused because the TA test is in increments of 10 and you have TA test results that do not end with a "0"

*NOTE* Marty'd again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.