Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Been using local pool stores and my Lamotte Color Q for testing the water. When testing the FC, between the pool store and my color q, I was always within 1-2 ppm different which usually fell around 4-6 ppm.

Now I just got the TF 100 kit and Im getting a reading of 9- 11 ppm FC.

Based on my salt cell, the Cell produces 6.7 PPM per 24 hours @ 100%. If I am running it at 90% = 6.03 in 24hrs. 6.03 / 24 = 25 ppm per hour. .25 x 16 hours (current pump run time) = 4.0..... How am I getting a FC of 11? Its been sunny as heck here in Florida. Do I need to bump my cell out put way down?

Current test results

FC 11
PH 7.4
ALK 80
CYA 70
CH 500
Salt 3400

I would trust the TF-100. But are you saying your results are 9, then you test again and it might be 11? Testing should be consistent with the powder/drop test. Are you using the speedstir?

I would trust the TF-100. But are you saying your results are 9, then you test again and it might be 11? Testing should be consistent with the powder/drop test. Are you using the speedstir?

Results were 9 the other day, now this morning im at 11. Yes I am using speedstir. Heres my video from lastnight

If a pool is consuming more than 5 ppm FC per day, there is nearly always an issue.

Ah ok then yes, reduce your SWG output to get to your target chlorine level per the cya/chlorine chart.

Just knocked it down to 70. For the past 9 months (since pool was built) Ive kept it at 90/17 hours and maintained what I thought was around 4-6 ppm. Great, now I get to lose my mind again and find out what % and hours to run pump :whoot:

Why? I thought you said your FC was increasing with your past SWCG settings.

Set the SWCG to create 4 ppm FC per day. See what the FC level in the pool does. Test each day right before the SWCG starts for the day. Or at least test at the same time each day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why? I thought you said your FC was increasing with your past SWCG settings.

Set the SWCG to create 4 ppm FC per day. See what the FC level in the pool does. Test each day right before the SWCG starts for the day. Or at least test at the same time each day.

Before I received the TF 100, I always tested the water with my Lamotte or I went to the pool store to compare readings. The FC was always off from my test and the pool store by 1-2ppm.
Cell was set at 90% and pump was running 16 hours daily.

Since Ive received the TF 100 (last Saturday) My FC was originally at 8 or 9 and I have seen it increase up until today. Pump and cell were still set at the same time and output.
To get 4ppm, cell needs to be at 90% for 16 hours.

Try the 4 ppm creation and see what you test.

If you have been carrying FC well above target level for your CYA, the FC burnoff each day would be more than the level if you are in target range.

FC is burned off by UV from the sun. That is why it is a consumable item. If you have a higher component of chlorine not protected by CYA, more will be consumed by the UV.

FC this morning was 11
FC tonight was 12
Salt cell was set at 70%. Pump on for 12 hours (6am -8pm) ?‍♂️

Just bumped cell to 50% and we shall see what happens tomorrow.

Turn off the SWCG for a day. Your FC will drop by 3-4 ppm. Then turn it on creating 4 ppm of FC per day and see if the FC goes up or down, over a several day period.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.