High Cyanuric Acid and phosphates

You will not have to sit next to it, but being home or only away for a short time is good.

Let's do some math. Say you get 7 gpm in/out, or 420 gph. For 15000 gallons, that is 35 hours. The process is not perfect, but you also can leave some CYA as you will need 40-50 ppm after anyway.

Do you have an ETA for your test kit?

I placed the order today for the TF-100, Have not received an ETA yet. Could not find one yet under my account.
From my reading and since AZ is above 109F today, I would have the pump at the deep end and the hose at the shallow end.
Should I start? Should use the liquid chlorine?
Thanks

You can start. Yes, you would pump from the deep end and add in the shallow end. Be sure your regular pool pump is shut down via the breaker.
If you are going to start the exchange no need to add any chlorine until you are finished. Once finished, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine to the pool each day until you get your test kit.

I would suspect your TF100 will be there by Thursday or so. She will let you know on Monday.

Ok
so option #1 is start pumping now, no liquid chlorine until done, 5ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine after
option#2 put 5ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine every day and wait for the testing kit to decide on next step

Quick question, why the breaker and not just stop the schedule on the pump?
Thanks

Either option is fine. Would be nice to have a more accurate CYA level.
You want to be sure that the pump does not start. Breaker assures that.
You should clean your filter cartridges when the filter pressure rises by 25% over the clean pressure. What was the pressure after you last cleaned and what is the pressure now?

I did not track the pressure, builder said to clean when the pressure is above the "clean filter" value (see pic) which it never did, after 14 months I decided to clean even if I didn't reach the level (that was Jan 2020)

That 'clean filter' thing allows you to lose way too much water flow. Plan on cleaning them sometime soon and getting a proper clean filter pressure.

seems like the picture didn't come through. You can also now see some green at thd bottom following the pattern of the infloor cleaning heads

Attachments

• 15908895771278334566232295909396.jpg
    15908895771278334566232295909396.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 15908896519372909777362502446974.jpg
    15908896519372909777362502446974.jpg
    812.7 KB · Views: 36

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is your filter pressure over 25 psi now? Wow, that is high. Add that you have an infloor cleaner to your signature. You have to run much higher flow rates for that. My VS pump runs at 1500 rpm.

That's a lot more than I run mine at with a floor system. I run for 14hrs a day, 3 at 3000 RPM and 11 at 1500 and my pool stays clean. Before the salt generator I even ran less than that.

Once you get on TFP you will have a clean pool at these kind of filter runs. Your issue now is the super high CYA, which tabs will do to you (like clockwork) at two years out. I helped a neighbor do the same thing recently. He's interested in my SWCG now... :)

But you will get it under control quickly with the help of these guys... Glad you figured it out and you found us.

Interestingly enough someone just posted on social media that they went to the same store I went and got a 40% results (same as me), they were told to drain, they did and after adding all the chemicals and hundreds k
of $ later, they went to that same store and got again a 40%. This time they decided to get a 2nd opinion at a different store and got 90% for the same water. Since I see some green in the pool I am assuming I should pump and addwater tomorrow. It just shows that my number may not be as bad as they appeared at the store since their machine is apparently not calibrated properly. Dilemma, to drain or not to drain? Thank you all. Sorry being new to this.

1/3 HP submerged pump rate with 2 garden hose to get to the sewer pipe is really low. I am at 5gal per 86s, which is about 3.5gal per minute. At this rate it will take 71h. Am I missing something? Should I brush a couple of times a day while pumping?
Thanks

You must have a very long run to the sewer cleanout. Anywhere you can drain with a shorter run?

Do not brush, that will mix the waters. You do not want that.

Technically I can't anywhere else, streets are obviously not allowed. I could cut the 2nd hose as I am about 20 feet short on the first hose, or I can try to buy a shorter 2nd hose. Should I stop? Hoping the pump can handle 3 days non stop.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20200531_091152.jpg
    20200531_091152.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200531_100445.jpg
    20200531_100445.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 24

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.