High Cyanuric Acid and phosphates

That's a new one. But I get our yard pest control treated each month and see nothing.
Most bugs are repelled by the chlorine.

Thank you both. I plan on getting the premium version of the app, however I already noticed some bugs.
Any recommendation on a robot if I were to use the vac line and maybe run it once a week?
@mknauss you don't brush since you have the robot, how do the walls get cleaned?

If I get the robot and do I need to have the return on when using the vac line or can I just use the infloor as the water "in" to the pool.

I am still playing with the pump schedule, made small adjustments tonight, I am at 2h at 2800rpm and 10h at 1500 rpm. I also lost more than usual ppm today from 8ppm to3.5ppm knowing we had a max of 105F.
Thoughts?

A robot does not use a vac line. A robot is a self contained unit with pump, filter, and brushes. They climb the walls and scrub the waterline.
Email [email protected] for any bugs you find in the app.

I would love to get one but probably a little later when my finances permit. I called one store and they had the active 15, 20 and 30i ranging from $899 to $1500.

Any recommendation on pool vacuums?

Someone accidentally got some grass ironite on the deck and unfortunately on one spot at the bottom of the pool.
Any advice on how to remove the orange stain?

I was able to clean the deck with some white vinegar and lemon juice. I also brushed the spot in the pool and used a syringe under water to get some white vinegar and lemon on that spot and brush. It helped but it's been a week and I can still see the stain (see picture attached). Any advice?

Attachments

• 20200627_215603.jpg
    20200627_215603.jpg
    841.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200627_180806.jpg
    20200627_180806.jpg
    838.8 KB · Views: 11

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you, I'll try with a syringe and some vitamin C under the water. Didn't realize @mguzzy recommended it for under water as well.

On a side note I may be away for 3 to 4 days. I recall it was shared to use the "CalHypo or Trichlor". I am not familiar with Trichlor? CalHypo seems to be a brand?
Basically can I use the tablets I got from Costco (see pictures), I realize they have the "blue" in them ☹. Trying to avoid a trip to the store and trying to use what I have left from when I used a floater.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20200628_120415.jpg
    20200628_120415.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200628_120323.jpg
    20200628_120323.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 3
Using the trichlor tablets you have sparingly should be OK. But do remember the more you use, the more copper you add to your water. It does not go away until you drain your pool again.

You might see if Costco will take those back and get some plain ones at Home Depot or Walmart.

I suggest you float 3 tablets. They would add 6.7 ppm CYA and 11 ppm FC. That should keep things OK for a few days. They may or may not fully dissolve.

Raise your FC to 20% of CYA prior to leaving with liquid chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.