mauruz

Jan 30, 2012
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi

I have a high cya problem, 171 and I know I need to drain at least half my pool but being in central Texas that mean until the end of the fall before I have less than 80 weather days, so my plan was to while the pump is running drain to the skimmer line while I fill the bottom with tap water, closing the drain line, do this through several days until I get a reading below 100, will this work?

You could not get 171 from the Taylor CYA test.

Read the article I linked for options on exchanging water.

Though with your volume of pool, you could rent a sump pump from Home Depot and have it drained completely in about 2 hours. The refill.

Diluted water was 80, I just multiply it by 2 that is how ai got to 160 in the taylor kit, I can rent it but I won't be able to drain it until the end of the fall or my plaster will damage, was looking something to do right now, so seems that I'm doing the water exchange but in small quantities?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.