High chlorine and somewhat cloudy

Sheila V

Jul 3, 2021
Clermont FL
Since having a new VSP plus filter installed last month it has been one problem after another. The GFI circuit has tripped MANY times starting the day following the install. When we are home we untrip it. When we are away for a couple of days and it trips we are returning to no chlorine since the pump and hence, the SWG wasn’t running. My chlorine levels have bounced from zero to 16ppm. At 16 this morning. Turned the SWG down to 40%. A tech is coming Tuesday to look at the electrical. Unfortunately we leave the next day for 10 days and would like to come back to a clean pool. These are the test results this morning:
Free CL 16
Comb CL .5
PH 8
ALK 90
CA Hardness 370
CYA 90
Salt 3300
Should I just let the chlorine burn off? I am in FL so it is plenty hot. What can I do for cloudiness?

You need to follow the SLAM Process to rid your pool of the algae. With CYA90 you will need to MAINTAIN your FC at 36 ppm until you meet the three exit critria.

What test kit do you have?

FC of 16 is not high for a pool with CYA 90. Until you do the SLAM Process you should keep that level of FC.

Also note that your pH test is invalid with FC over 10. So don't lower what looks like a high pH with your FC over 10 because it may be a false reading.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I have the Taylor K-2006 SALT test kit.
In Pool Math is the attached what I follow? I would put in the amount of bleach recommended? It is a jug from the pool store. I’m assuming it is bleach, correct? Chlorine is not a choice in the drop down. Thank you.8E4EBB77-DA54-44A1-9AB5-F267A9163A4F.png

Bleach is chlorine. Select bleach in PoolMath.

Read the label and check the chlorine %. Pool stores usually sell 10% or 12% chlorine, not 6%.

Post pics of the labels on your chlorine jug.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.