Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I tested my water today, and it's been holding steady at

FC 6.0
CC 0.0

Had to add 2 cups chlorine every 2 or 3 days. Today my husband got me a sample, and it sat around for a few hours before I tested it. Here's what I got

FC 2.5
CC 2.5
pH 7.5
TA 90
CYA 30

I'm not sure I trust any of those readings. It was bright and sunny today which, combined with the low CYA, would make the chlorine burn off. But that high CC terrifies me. This is a three week old pool, and already I need to SLAM it? Yikes. Any advice would be appreciated!

BTW, funny story about the CYA. It's been at 20 to 30 ppm ever since I opened the pool, after the original amt of stabilizer was added. Kept adding what PoolMath said, CYA never budged. The other day hubby was measuring out borax and I panicked. I thought he had measured out 550 oz of borax, when it called for 5.5 oz. He said no, there's the decimal point, it's a little space on the readout.

I had been adding 1.1 oz of CYA instead of 11 oz. :hammer: I feel like such a dummy.

FC and pH should be measured as soon as possible after taking the sample. If kept cool and in the dark, the sample will be OK for a longer period.

For those following along, I added 2 cups LC last night and 11.1 actual oz CYA in a nylon sock. Didn't test CYA today, but did other testing

FC 5.5
CC 0.5
TA 90
pH 7.2

Added 15 oz LC and 9.5 oz borax and let pool circulate. That should bring my FC up to 6.5 and pH up to 7.5. As of now it's confirmed the problem yesterday was with the sample, not the pool. I should have known better.

TEST YOUR SAMPLE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER YOU PULL IT. Letting it sit around will give you false readings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.