High Cartridge Filter Pressure

Sahuaro

Jun 22, 2022
North Fryeburg, ME
Good day everyone, I have an inground pool that I have been battling with for a little over a month now. At first the water was pretty dirty and the pool guy said it will take awhile for the chemicals to do their job. And yes over the month+ it has made the water fairly clear but not all the way (with a little effort and constant cartridge filter swap out, owner of house before me left me 5 used filters, used them all). On the fifth filter the water pressure stayed constant about 12-14 psi, but water was not clear as it should be. I bought 2 new filter, swapped out one of the those with the used one that kept my pressure "normal" ( it was SUPER filthy when I took it out). The water pressure once again has gone up 15+ psi within 24 hours but my pool is super clear........ What the heck is going on?
Thanks in advance
Scott

S,

Well, if the filters are getting dirty, what are they capturing? Filters are designed to capture all the junk that falls into your pool and floats. By the time your filters start capturing algae, it is too late, you have already lost the algae war.

If the filters are not capturing algae, what else could be clogging your filters so quickly?

Thanks,

Jim R.

This clear?
a

This clear?
I would say almost that clear. On my 3rd filter after taking the filthy one out, seems to be holding steady with the PSI, I will check again tomorrow.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.