High Calc Hardness with SWG ?

JRB100

Gold Supporter
Mar 20, 2019
Dallas, TX
Has anyone faced having a SWG with high calcium hardness (~1000-1050)?

It's taken me a long time to find a good place to install one due to having limited pipe. After my pool remodel three years ago, the guy that adjusted the chemicals added enough chem to get the hardness up to 900. I have found a reverse osmosis company that can filter the water but would prefer not spending the money if the SWG can tolerate current levels.

Has anyone faced having a SWG with high calcium hardness (~1000-1050)?
That describes a good amount of our members in AZ, NV, and CA. It means really watching your pH to compensate. But what was your pool tech thinking? 900? Are you able to do a partial water exchange? Your local water isn't that hard is it?

That describes a good amount of our members in AZ, NV, and CA. It means really watching your pH to compensate. But what was your pool tech thinking? 900? Are you able to do a partial water exchange? Your local water isn't that hard is it?
My thoughts exactly after I checked my levels...WTH!

I do watch my pH on a daily basis. I tried a water exchange a few years ago but did not drain enough water to make an impact. ...local water is not a problem (Dallas Water Utilities).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Texas Splash
Your water is not that expensive is it? I would drain and refill and start over. That CH will just be a pain. You can do it, but you need borates and you need to aggressively keep your TA low and pH low.

Reactions: JRB100 and proavia
JRB,

Water in the FDW area is not high in CH.. I would just drain and start over.

I live in Bedford TX and I just drained, acid washed, and refilled a 15K pool for less than $75.. (Water cost..)

Why make life hard when it can be easy??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: JRB100 and proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.