Hi & question re slamming pool

Yup. I really didn't want to befuddle things, but was thinking ahead. If you only used a small amount of cu-based algaecide that one time, it's probably no big deal. The color tint I saw may just be my computer settings. Who knows? Slam away!

Thanks guys, I'm pretty happy to focus on the algae for the moment and will get your advice once that's under control. I don't love going to the pool shop! The water might have been a bit lighter this afternoon so I will keep the faith and keep going. I will let you know when it changes.

Yes I will. I know that by experience this year. Before discovering the SLAM approach I have already cycled through a number of green pools this year, no doubt because I thought I'd fixed it but there was still some algae left.. I'm will test the criteria tonight and tomorrow night and it would be really nice if it was done by then, but I will definitely not risk going around this circle another time this year!

It is going to take a couple to few more days. There is already a BIG difference. You can see it working BUT the last 10% takes 90% of the time :(

Take a picture each day looking down at your steps. Share them with us so we all can see the improvement.

HUGS! You can do this AND it well be worth it to never have to do it again!
Kim

That colour is showing some progress sirrahn and the photos are what makes you feel like your not completely losing it. Sometimes the most frustrating part is when you get the pool to look beautiful and clear and then you can't pass that darn OCLT but you have some way to get to that point so keep SLAMMING!!

Have you been checking that filter pressure?

Thanks guys - I think I'll really need the encouragement soon :) But at the moment it feels like progress. The pool seemed just a bit clearer today, although I'm not sure that my photo captures it that well. I don't have any steps in the pool at the moment so the only thing to look out for is the floor - I guess I could put the brush handle in next time! I am checking the water pressure and backwashed the pool on the weekend, it hasn't climbed back up to the same level yet..

IMG_20160308_171816483.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The color is much different! You ARE doing it!

Since you do not have the steps in it just put your brush in all the way down and watch as you can see it clearer and clearer each day!

:cheers: Keep up the good work!

Kim

Hi, sorry I've been so quiet. I had to go away for work again and leave the SLAM of my neighbour. So I haven't been able to take photos along the way but he seems to have been doing a good job because the water is looking heaps better - it is blue and visibility is much better, although there is still a bit of cloudiness in it. I'll post a photo below. Cheers, Nathan (Edit: ha I'm looking at the comparison at the early photos and the change really is amazing!)

IMG_20160312_161820412.jpg

Hi,

thanks for the reminder about backwashing - I do need to do one!

The water is clearer and clearer, as you can hopefully see from the picture below that I took this morning :) The difference from before is certainly amazing! From my testing dates it has been 16 days.

I also did a check last night on the FC loss. It was 1 and the CC this morning was .5.

So I feel like I must be getting pretty close?

IMG_20160316_091201030.jpg

Hi all,

my pool seems to be consistently meeting all the criteria for the OCLT test so I'm planning to let the FC drift back down. I'll post at the bottom a picture of some pretty clear water.

Ironically, just as the water really cleared the last of the summer heat seemed to go, so we are in for fairly cool weather from here and I doubt much swimming! I live in canberra which is a bit over 500 meter above sea level and has definite seasons! I am very grateful for the advice early on that we could swim when the FC drifted below shock levels because that allowed us to keep using the pool over this last little period.

I do have a question about the ideal FC level. At the moment CYA is 60 and I believe it could go up to 70 or 80, meaning that target FC should be 5 or 6. I'm wondering how this interacts with pool covers - where the advice is to keep FC at 2.5 or something like that. If CYA is high does this also mean that FC can be higher as well because it is less active (for want of a better term)?

Thanks

Oh I can't post my image I've exceeded my attachments!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.