Hi question : intex krystal clear sand filter pump & salt sanitation can I by pass the Cell House.

Tiki14

May 19, 2021
NJ
Hi , I bought a “new” filter. Intex krystal clear sand filter pump and saltwater sanitation system. It was a bate and switch and now trying to make it work. It’s missing the Cell House” . I have it hooked up and it’s showing me code”90” low flow. Will it work without thevcell house. Does anyone know where I can purchase it? I plan on using chlorine, instead of salt .

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Since Intex parts are somewhat proprietary in nature, I think they are the only ones you can obtain a cell house replacement from. As long as you can allow water to flow from the pump to the filter without a leak it should be fine as a non-salt pool. Feel free to post a couple pics if needed.

I'm no expert, but we got a second hand Intex sand/saltwater system from a yard sale to upgrade our little pump that came with our above ground Summer Waves pool. They said the saltwater part didn't work, so we just hooked it up and used it with chlorine like before. It worked fine last summer, but now has some problems that we are currently troubleshooting. But it kept our pool nice and clean and was SO much more powerful than the little one. Just didn't want to spend the money on a new cell last year. Hopefully by now you've figured it out and it's working great!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.