Hi. Newbie here to the pool world...

Chicagoshark

Jul 4, 2020
Chicago suburbs
Hi, I’m living in the Chicago southwest suburbs, and am looking to put an in ground pool this fall/next spring. I am as new as new can be, so I am just learning the basics. Thanks for adding me, and I look forward to learning.

If anyone has any good suggestions on a contractor in Chicagoland I’m all ears. Thanks again.

gingrbredman

Jun 10, 2020
Chicagoland
I'm also new to this, and in the SW suburbs of Chicago. It came as a surprise to me, but there are quite a few pool builders out here, and all of them seem quite busy. I probably reached out to 6 of them, 3 of them actually were interested in my project, and only two of them really competed for the build. New to this forum, but not new to forums, but I think there must be a DM function where I can send you all the contacts I had for looking for good contractors, and who to avoid.

All builders I talked to are already starting to schedule for the spring, though there may be a slot or two for very late fall.

• Love
Reactions: Chicagoshark

Chicagoshark

Jul 4, 2020
Chicago suburbs
Hey Chicago and welcome !!! Are you going to swim like a shark or loan like one ??
Ironically, shark has been my nickname since I was a little kid. And I used to walk into pool halls when I was a teenager, and they want my name etc. for the reservation and I tell them all shark, and they all looked at me, like what a dumb Rear. It wasn’t until many years later that it dawned on me, the implications haha

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude