Hi, my name is Franca and I have been having pool issues for the last month.

Not Again

Dec 28, 2019
Melbourne
Hi, I think the pool pump just exploded. There is water all round the filter/pump and sand box and it cut off the electricity throughout the house. I have switched off the pump and was able to reset the electric safety switch, so we now have power again throughout the house. Not sure what is happening, but it does not look good at all.

Franca,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to learn all about how to maintain your pool, even if you live upside down... :mrgreen:

Often things that look very bad, are not as bad as the first seem to be..

Tell us more about the pump problem and better yet, post a couple of pics of the damage.. It there is water, that usually means that a pipe or seal has broken, so it may end up being an easy fix.. Of course we can't tell, if we can't see it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

put another shrimp on the barbie, set the cold one down and take a few pics then post them...also, it sounds like your pump does not have a separate electrical box but is hooked up to the main panel...furthermore, it sounds like you could have other household devices on the breaker w the pump; that is NO good.

Also take a pic of where you pool pump breaker is installed, and far enough back that we can see the entire set-up...good luck mate

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.