Hi! I’ve got green cloudy water and questions.

Hey Everyone! I have completed my drain and refill to get my CYA down from the initial 144ppm to what I believe is 45ish ppm. The pool refill was done using well water and I noticed a brown stain in the corner where the fill hose was. I'm assuming this is an iron stain as it wouldn't brush off with my pool brush.
Brown stain fill hose.jpg Pool refill.jpg

Next I found the backwash which is normally green to be brown. You can see it in the photo. Unfortunately we had a TON of rain yesterday afternoon and it flooded the area where I backwash but the brown is from the filter.
Backwash brown.jpg

Overall, the pool looks good. My last test results are:
FC - 7.5
CC - 0
pH - 7.2
TA - 280 (I'm guessing from the well water)
CH - 310
CYA - 40 (I tested normal and did a diluted to make sure I wasn't crazy)

So, IF the well water has high iron (which I would guess it does), is there anything I should be concerned about? Once again, I appreciate all the guidance!

Curtis

Reactions: Ckb3
y FC took 21 drops (divided by 2 gives me 10.5 FC right?
Then in step 7). If solution stays clear, no CCs. If it goes pink again, add drops of R-0871 and same as FC, Count and Divide by 2 for CCs. It used 1 drop to make it clear again. What does that mean for my CC? 0.5ppm?
Just to clarify this question. Once you’ve done the FC test, the sample should be clear. Then you add 5 drops of the R-003 DPD reagent to that clear sample. If the sample turns pink again after those 5 drops, you have some CC’s. To figure out how much CC, add drops of the R-0871 again until it goes back to clear.

Reactions: JeaniB and Ckb3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.