Hi everybody

My family bought a house with a small pool last summer. Through googling, I found troublefreepool.com and the BBB method really appealed to me. I love the idea of definitive chemical measurements and making calculated changes. The tail end of summer and fall last year was very haphazard (read: greenish at times), but this spring I "got serious", ordered the Tailor TF-100 kit, opened the pool early (cold here in VA) and currently have clear, blue water. I just put a new solar cover on, so we'll see whether the water warms up in a week or two. The kids certainly hope it does.

Just for the heck of it, not aware of problems right now:

Pool: 9400 Gal, 12x24, Vinyl
FC: 7.0
CC: 0.0
pH: 7.5
TA: 110
T: 60 F
CYA: 50-ish

Last edited:
My family bought a house with a small pool last summer. Through googling, I found troublefreepool.com and the BBB method really appealed to me. I love the idea of definitive chemical measurements and making calculated changes. The tail end of summer and fall last year was very haphazard (read: greenish at times), but this spring I "got serious", ordered the Tailor TF-100 kit, opened the pool early (cold here in VA) and currently have clear, blue water. I just put a new solar cover on, so we'll see whether the water warms up in a week or two. The kids certainly hope it does.

Just for the heck of it, not aware of problems right now:

Pool: 9400 Gal, 12x24, Vinyl
FC: 7.0
CC: 0.0
pH: 7.5
TA: 110
T: 60 F
CYA: 50-ish

Well, technically, you just have clear water. The blue is your liner and the sky reflecting off the water's surface :joker: ...but yeah. All good things.

Welcome to the forum!!!