Hi All From Schwimmbad (German for Pool)

Schwimmbad

Gold Supporter
Sep 4, 2022
Buckeye Az (Victory at Verrado)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Been lurking around here for about three months and learning a ton! Live in Wheaton IL now and building a new home in Buckeye Az in a 55+ development called Victory at Verrado. Next July we will be full timers in the desert so pretty much have to dig a hole in the ground and fill it with water.

Have been thinking about the pool for over a year, went so far as getting designs and quotes from two builders, one was one of the largest in the area and the other a small local shop. Both came up with decent designs but one was not responsive and while the other was responsive we started hearing too many negative things. After spending about three months with a third builder who only came with one design that didn’t look anything like what we discussed I finally decided to go the OB route and paid for a BYOB package. Never had a pool before and now I’m gonna build one, feels a little nuts.

This forum has been extremely helpful as I start this journey. Once I get a first draft of the design I’ll get a build thread going and hope for some sage advice from the resident Mr. Miyagi types and the rest of the TFP crew.

Reactions: Newdude