Hey - Looking Forward to Learning the TFP Method

I used the only spare sock I had that would fit any real amounts. Got about 2lbs (half of a 4lb bag) put into two socks (1lb each) and dropped one in each skimmer.

Should I let it just sit or do I need to squeeze it out?

Let it get well soaked through then squeeze it out. If they are in the skimmer the pump needs to be running. If your pump is to turn off before fully dissolved, remove the socks and put in a bucket until tomorrow.

Good to know, I’m wondering if the socks I used are too thick. After a few hours there was still a lot in them. I did squeeze some out before heading to bed. I’m sure a panty hose would work much better.

I do have the hair nets in the skimmer, would it be a bad idea to squeeze as much out of the sock now and then dump the rest into the hair net? It would already be softened/squishy.

Good to know, I’m wondering if the socks I used are too thick. After a few hours there was still a lot in them. I did squeeze some out before heading to bed. I’m sure a panty hose would work much better.

I do have the hair nets in the skimmer, would it be a bad idea to squeeze as much out of the sock now and then dump the rest into the hair net? It would already be softened/squishy.
Find thinner socks for next time. To finish this time up, I would just keep squeezing them out throughout the day today. That should get it. It will eventually all dissolve, just may take a little bit longer. No rush.

--Jeff

Thanks - and I assume I need to wait till it’s fully dissolved before I can retest the CYA levels right?I added about half as much as PoolMath called for just to be on the safe side.
I usually wait at least 24 hours after it is fully dissolved before testing again.

Realistically I usually add and then test again the next week. I just make sure to target my chlorine level based on the CYA I just added.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So tomorrow we are supposed to see temps drop to 27*, this will be our first freezing temp day since having the pool. High it 51* | Low 27* then Low of 30* the following day. I attached the projected temps. 4hrs one day and nearly 8hrs the following day.

Anything I need to do?

E3907DD6-E9A5-40B3-996D-9042944E66F9.png70F9839D-2568-49F1-A894-64149D9D7029.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this just fire up the heater if temps get too low?
No. It runs the pump.
Your temperatures are not going to get that low for very long, but running freeze protection (or just leaving your VS pump running all night) is prudent.

Reactions: woodyp

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.