Here I go again

Bille

Gold Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
Abingdon maryland
Hi guys,

Log time no talk. I was out of work last year and didn't open the pool. But this year the kids insisted.
So I started today. I fixed a leak at the pump, put the hose in for 4+ hours, skimmed what I could off the top and fired up the pump/filter.
Looks like I have good pressure.

I also found my tf100 kit, and ordered those two chems we use the most, since I was pretty much out of it.

Other then that, I think my next step is to let the filter run over night? And do a water test in the morning?
The water is very green right now.

Hi guys,

Log time no talk. I was out of work last year and didn't open the pool. But this year the kids insisted.
So I started today. I fixed a leak at the pump, put the hose in for 4+ hours, skimmed what I could off the top and fired up the pump/filter.
Looks like I have good pressure.

I also found my tf100 kit, and ordered those two chems we use the most, since I was pretty much out of it.

Other then that, I think my next step is to let the filter run over night? And do a water test in the morning?
The water is very green right now.
Once it's been running for half an hour or so, it's probably mixed well enough to test.

If the pool is green and gooey, you need the SLAM Process It works best at 30-40 CYA. If CYA is low -- which I suspect it will be after all this time, add it by halves, so you don't overshoot.

Just do what they did Recovering my old inspirational links The newer ones are last.

So not sure what I'm doing. I'm following the tf100 card. It's says I have no choline, which we know. Next step is cc, I should skip it? Where do I start?
You have to run all the tests. Having zero free chlorine is not surprising. But the other numbers are important too.

If the test directions don;t make sense, watch the video. TF-100 Test Kit - YouTube

Bille,
Until I you have the missing regents I would not add chlorine because you would need to slam and anything short of that is simply waste. I also would recommend you change all the contents of the kit as you've said it was closed last year so that makes your kit too old to be accurate in my books.

Reactions: Bille

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I just ordered the tf-100 refill because my kit is 2 years old. Since that will probably take a week to get here I'm going to shut the pump off, save the electricity and start again when the refill gets here.
They ship very quickly. I've always had it in 3 days. Hope you ordered from tftestkits so you get fresh stuff. The other place you can buy from is Amazon but then you may end up with stuff that has been sitting a while.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.