Helping out my brother...

krisiak11

Silver Supporter
Jul 31, 2017
Archbald, PA
Morning all, helping my brother balance his water in a pool that was not opened at all last year. Water is very cloudly, about 2 feet of visibility. It is an inground pool, probably around 20,000 gallons. After failing to follow my SLAM schedule for 7 days and therefore seeing no results, he went to the pool store and surprise, got bad advice. Current numbers as of this morning after SLAM to 20 last night:

FC- 12
CC - 3
CYA - 50
TA - 200 (stupid pool store)
CH - 475 (again, pool store advice)
PH - 7.8 prior to adding CH

I finally got through to him this weekend, he is submitting to the work, the methods, and the TFP way of life.

CC of 3 seems really high, is that indicative of massive amounts of micro organisms? How long do you guys think it will take to get clear water following SLAM to a T with testing and adding based on PoolMath 3-4 times a day?

This is kind of new to me, the only pool I ever managed was a new build with fresh clean water.

CC of 3 is more likely indicative of "chlorine-free shock" aka Potassium Monopersulfate. It misreads as CC.

I'd ignore it until you start getting to the part where "the water is clear" and you're ready to test CC before the overnight loss test. I'm not sure how long it lingers but it seems to eventually go away.

Reactions: krisiak11
CC of 3 is more likely indicative of "chlorine-free shock" aka Potassium Monopersulfate. It misreads as CC.

I'd ignore it until you start getting to the part where "the water is clear" and you're ready to test CC before the overnight loss test. I'm not sure how long it lingers but it seems to eventually go away.
I know he let the people that open the pool use shock and then used some leftover stuff the previous home owner left in the shed. So that is possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.