Helping a neighbor - Leaking multi-port and bubbler that has popped out.

JJ_Tex

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My neighbor asked me for help/advice with 2 things on his pool:

1. The first thing is his multi-port valve has a small leak on the red circle where the seam from the top meets the bottom. Any ideas how to fix this leak? It is just a drip, but with winter coming I'm worried the leaking water will freeze and make the leak worse.

1639853458579.png

2. He has a bubbler/light combo that keeps popping up since he had the pool replastered. The company that did the replatering said they cannot get the right tool to fix it. Seems like a bs excuse to me, but any ideas how he can fix it. It works fine, just keeps floating out of the niche. Any ideas how he can fix that?

1639853702996.png

Yeah, we finally have some cold temps coming. Not sure about the bubbler, but there should be an O-ring around that cover. They could try removing the screws and lift the lid just enough to get some pool silicone on that O-ring to get them through a short period until it can be replaced if needed.

Colored pool putty will keep that bubbler down. The putty should be two sticks that you blend together then apply. it drys and hardens under water. There is a black and a white putty.
Give the screws on that muliport close to the leak one tiny little twist by hand only. not a drill. If that doesnt stop it the change to oring under the lid. maybe start by lubing it first.

Reactions: JJ_Tex
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.