Nov 11, 2023
Cali
Hey guys, thank you for taking your time to read my post. My pool lights stopped working for a couple of weeks, and tomorrow we are supposed to have a jacuzzi party with relatives and the LEDS don’t work. To fix this, i opened up the panel, tested everything, and one of the power/2 wires coming from the main circuit board was giving off weird voltage. This was “AUX4” and was responsible for the pool lights. One side gave almost no voltage to none, and the other was pushing 52. Right before i went to the hardware store, i was reaching for something with the multimeter, and my multimeter prong might have touched something. All of a sudden, it made a loud POP, and I thought that i had just accidentally tripped something. I drove down to the pool supply store, (didn’t have it in stock) and i went to Home Depot and bought a new GFCI since I thought the old abused one could have something to do with it. When I came home, i was greeted to a new problem which probably started the first time I heard the pop. The control board is not turning on, and nothing is giving me voltage. Not the new outlet, or anything. Basically everything i touch with the multi is dead. I have been trying desperately for hours lol and cannot get any leads onto anything. Please help!
Thank you so much,
Mack :)

Did you possibly make a connection between the line voltage for the lights and the relay leads? That would definitely cause you some issues.

Does the back of the main board have any burn marks?

Did you possibly make a connection between the line voltage for the lights and the relay leads? That would definitely cause you some issues.

Does the back of the main board have any burn marks?
To be honest i have no idea what i touched. I had thought I touched something with the probe from the multi, and it made a loud pop and then nothing worked. Here’s a picture of the back of the board

Hey guys, I have an update. I am checking out all voltages (not getting power to anything, and im testing the main power to the board and i have zero
Is your bottom CB (looks like it is a 15amp 120v) - is that for your board or for your lights or is it for both? Have you turned it off then back on again?
Does your board have a fuse? It would be on the backside of the board.
Ensure power is off to the board when removing the fuse.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.