HELP....

67mike

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
Hopefully someone can help me out with a situation I am in. This was our first winter with our AGP that we installed last summer.

I have a heavy duty winter cover on the pool.......We had a very very bad winter with tremendous snow.

A week or so ago, I looked out the window and the snow and ice on top of the winter cover were pulling it down and starting to bend the top rails etc....so I went out and had to loosen off the cable and my tie downs.....THEN the cover was pulled down into the pool and the meltwater on top is NOW MIXED in with my pool water.

We are still getting too cold nights to install the pump/filter on my pool. (some nights are below freezing).

So, I have a dirty pool cover sitting over a mixture of meltwater and chlorinated pool water from last season.

I was going to get some help and try to take out the pool cover spilling the least amount of dirt possible into pool. Then wash it off and perhaps recover pool for now????

Should I pour some liquid bleech into pool water when I do the above with cover???? Mix it with a paddle???

Help. Thanks

If you think you can safely remove the cover whiteout causing any damage, that's fine. Otherwise, I would think leave it alone. Wat until you can actually run the pump consistently to mix chlorine and do a SLAM Process to kill/remove algae.

Reactions: vmaxed and 67mike
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.