Jadkkd,

Take a look at Page 4, Env-Wq 21701.02 Applicability. (b)(1)
Do you meet this applicability rule? I am not sure this would be applicable to you since i doubt that you will be mixing with the surface water and you won't have an effect on groundwater.

The salt level in a salt water pool is very low. I know someone on this site can provide the salt level of ocean water, tears and a SWG pool. That comparison might help.

town water

Test the town water for chlorine. Bet it has 1-2 ppm of chlorine with no CYA. Which means it has a much greater amount of active chlorine (hypochlorous acid + hypochlorite ion) then your pool water will have.

Chlorine is going to dissipate when it hits the ground anyway. When you are backflushing during the pool opening in the beginning of swim season is the only time that you will have chlorine over 10 ppm. That will be gone quick when it hits the open ground. The rest of the season the chlorine level will be below 10 ppm since you will be doing normal maintenance backflush.

Chlorine is going to dissipate when it hits the ground anyway. When you are backflushing during the pool opening in the beginning of swim season is the only time that you will have chlorine over 10 ppm. That will be gone quick when it hits the open ground. The rest of the season the chlorine level will be below 10 ppm since you will be doing normal maintenance backflush.
Ok I’ll keep that in mind. The fact they came up with this chemical free system and the only one they approved was Bionova is concerning. I’m going to have to appeal or convince a planning board that there are other solutions than chemical free.

Ok I’ll keep that in mind. The fact they came up with this chemical free system and the only one they approved was Bionova is concerning. I’m going to have to appeal or convince a planning board that there are other solutions than chemical free.

Betcha someone who had a vested interest in that system pitched it as the solution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.