Jelks

Jul 13, 2020
Greenville, NC
Hi I’m Justin from Eastern NC. I have struggled the past 5 years in pool ownership. I tend to keep the pool clear until the temperature rises. I have a 26’ intex pool. I’m using Clorox xtra blue tabs in a Pentair rainbow in-line chlorinator. I have an intex 16” sand filter. Just bought my first test kit. My readings are
PH 7.4
FC 9
ALK 90
CYA 80
Temp 91
and my pool is super cloudy. I have visible algae. Please help

Welcome to the forum!
You need to follow the SLAM Process.
Great job on having your own test kit. Can you tell us what kit you have? Filling out your signature really helps us help you.
I would suggest you remove the Trichlor tablets (that also have copper in them) and use liquid chlorine. Your CYA is quite high and it will be best to plan on a 50% drain and refill.
If you like videos -- watch a few these TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

My test kit is the TF-100. Should I permanently do away with the tabs or just until I get it clear. My concern is these tabs have stabilizer in or so the container says. I have used liquid chlorine for shocking before. But I ran out. Last night I used 2lb of granular Clorox xtra blue shock.

The granular shock is, I believe, dichlor. Which added more CYA. And more copper.
Stop all solid chlorine. You might be able to use trichlor occasionally in the future, but you do not want anything with the word Blue in the name. That is copper.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.