Help with water on cover

cfclay

Apr 24, 2010
Lexington,Ky
Screenshot_20191020-101821_Photos.jpg
I have the little giant and that small attachment that shoots water off the cover. All is good except for the water that remains on the upper right in this picture. Wonder what makes the pool cover do that?

I don't have an answer (see my post below with a LOT more water on my cover!) but do wonder about the little giant. Do you keep it on/plugged in 24/7? Is it really any different than other small submersible pumps?

It's our first season so trying to figure out what our best options are over the winter.

Little Giant cover pump can stay plugged in 24/7. It has a float switch to turn it on when needed. Mine has lasted a few years. Just don’t let it get buried in snow. I pull mine out before a big snowfall. I found it gets moisture and corrosion and trips the GFCI if it gets buried in snow.

Reactions: jlt19
I don't have an answer (see my post below with a LOT more water on my cover!) but do wonder about the little giant. Do you keep it on/plugged in 24/7? Is it really any different than other small submersible pumps?

It's our first season so trying to figure out what our best options are over the winter.
I have always had a pool, but just moved and installed this 30', and I had always wanted one of these pumps. Before I was just using a submersible pump when the cover was full of water. I read all of the reviews of this and it is A++ in my opinion.
I only put it in last week and one night I came home and it was raining very heavy...but no match for this pump. It's gonna throw the water off of it fast! Highly suggest that attachment also.

Reactions: jlt19
Sorry if these are stupid questions, but gotta start somewhere...
  • Are you sure the attachment isn't squirting water back onto the cover? If it is, use a hose instead.
  • Have you tried moving the pump closer to the wet spot? You want the weight of the pump to draw the water to it. That's clearly not happening in your photo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.