Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all

Just joined this forum - blown away by the quality of content.

In the process of building my first pool and went on tftestkits.net to get a TF-100. I am in Canada and since tftestkits.net do not ship over the border, I purchased a mailbox redirection service at the border to import the kit over here. However, their website doesn't seem to accept my Canadian Visa billing address and seems to want a US credit card, too. That seems seriously backwards...

Any Canadians here that have purchased from this website could you pls point out how you did that?!

Many thx

Fellow Canuck here - Winnipeg variety.

Great decision to take control of your pool. I went full TFP last summer and it was night and day from the prior year.

I used Paypal to order my TF100 without issue. Might that be a solution?

Go Jets Go!

m.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Fellow Canuck here - Winnipeg variety.

Great decision to take control of your pool. I went full TFP last summer and it was night and day from the prior year.

I used Paypal to order my TF100 without issue. Might that be a solution?

Go Jets Go!

m.
it worked!! thx for the suggestion / most appreciated.

Hey MC !! If you don't mind sharing, what were all the fees and timeliness for your purchase ? We will have many of your fellow northerners coming to ask for the same soon. Either returning members or new ones that found us after opening a green monster.

I’m an essential worker who travels to the US regularly. I’ve shipped both my first kit and refills to my US hotels. I’m willing to pick up for other members and meet / ship from in Canada.

I live in Barrie, work in Hamilton, can meet along the way or ship.

No import / duty / Canadian taxes.

I’m an essential worker who travels to the US regularly. I’ve shipped both my first kit and refills to my US hotels. I’m willing to pick up for other members and meet / ship from in Canada.

I live in Barrie, work in Hamilton, can meet along the way or ship.

No import / duty / Canadian taxes.
Wow, I'd really appreciate that. I'll have to take inventory to see what I need for the coming season. I'll reach out to you to arrange things.

Thanks in advance!

m.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey MC !! If you don't mind sharing, what were all the fees and timeliness for your purchase ? We will have many of your fellow northerners coming to ask for the same soon. Either returning members or new ones that found us after opening a green monster.
Hey - I'm so sorry I'm responding late to this. I dont seem to get notifications of responses to posts and just happened to read this by chance.

I ordered from Rebecca at tftestkits. I used a border forwarding company called Shippsy. Shippsy gives me a US address and charges me $6.99 per package to receive it at their US location and bring it across the border to a GTA warehouse where I pick it up (they mail it to your house, too, for $15ish more I think). That's their only fee - pay per use - no running subscription or anything like that. Rebecca was v efficient and mailed it out within a day. Within 3 days it arrived at Shippsy location, and within another 2-3 days it was ready for me to pick up here in GTA. So the timeline was approx 1 week from order to delivery to me. The fees where $6.99, plus HST calculated on the CAD-coverted value of the tftestkits shipment (they charge you in USD and do not add US sales tax; Shippsy then coverts to CAD to calculate and apply HST). There's no other fees. If you were importing something made outside of North America, Shippsy would also have to add duty for anything valued at CAD150+, but products made in NA (which the Taylor reagents are) are duty exempt (and the Tf-100 is less than CAD150 anyways). I was v impressed with how efficient the process was, both on tftestkits and Shippsy's side. Also, as per my post above, tftestkits's website did not accept payment with my Canadian Visa (their ecommerce platform needs a credit card with US billing it seems), however thx to the suggestion above I could successfully use my Visa by choosing the PayPal option on their website. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Hey - I'm so sorry I'm responding late to this. I dont seem to get notifications of responses to posts and just happened to read this by chance.

I ordered from Rebecca at tftestkits. I used a border forwarding company called Shippsy. Shippsy gives me a US address and charges me $6.99 per package to receive it at their US location and bring it across the border to a GTA warehouse where I pick it up (they mail it to your house, too, for $15ish more I think). That's their only fee - pay per use - no running subscription or anything like that. Rebecca was v efficient and mailed it out within a day. Within 3 days it arrived at Shippsy location, and within another 2-3 days it was ready for me to pick up here in GTA. So the timeline was approx 1 week from order to delivery to me. The fees where $6.99, plus HST calculated on the CAD-coverted value of the tftestkits shipment (they charge you in USD and do not add US sales tax; Shippsy then coverts to CAD to calculate and apply HST). There's no other fees. If you were importing something made outside of North America, Shippsy would also have to add duty for anything valued at CAD150+, but products made in NA (which the Taylor reagents are) are duty exempt (and the Tf-100 is less than CAD150 anyways). I was v impressed with how efficient the process was, both on tftestkits and Shippsy's side. Also, as per my post above, tftestkits's website did not accept payment with my Canadian Visa (their ecommerce platform needs a credit card with US billing it seems), however thx to the suggestion above I could successfully use my Visa by choosing the PayPal option on their website. Hope this helps
How did you get your order duty exempt? I tried that but there was no applicable category and checking the box they wanted proof that it was from NA.
Having said that, I paid $6.99 plus duty and $10 for Shippsy to ship to my house. Still a good deal.
Next time I will pick up instead. I had it sent to Mississauga location. They used a company called Stallion who shipped it from Mississauga to their depot in Burlington, back to Mississauga where it sat at Canada Post for several days before it was delivered to me in Hamilton. Added a week of wait time! Overall took about two weeks, would have been about 10 days if I picked up.

Last edited:
How did you get your order duty exempt? I tried that but there was no applicable category and checking the box they wanted proof that it was from NA.
Having said that, I paid $6.99 plus duty and $10 for Shippsy to ship to my house. Still a good deal.
Next time I will pick up instead. I had it sent to Mississauga location. They used a company called Stallion who shipped it from Mississauga to their depot in Burlington, back to Mississauga where it sat at Canada Post for several days before it was delivered to me in Hamilton. Added a week of wait time! Overall took about two weeks, would have been about 10 days if I picked up.
My apologies - I just saw your post. I got it duty exempt by uploading one of the taylor chem spec sheets, which I had asked Rebecca at TFTestkits to email me (the spec sheets for each reagent note that it is manufactured in the US).... and that was sufficient proof (anything manufactured in the US can be imported duty free as long as you can demonstrate it was made there).

Reactions: Newdude and Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.