Help with staining in attached SPA

You might try the following quick tests:
- Chlorine tablet held against the area for a short time - positive change would indicate organic residue at the waterline from sitting over the winter
- Regular vitamin C tablets (crushed in a sock or nylon) and also held against that area - indicative of iron in the water

Post back and let us know if either of those make a difference.

You might try the following quick tests:
- Chlorine tablet held against the area for a short time - positive change would indicate organic residue at the waterline from sitting over the winter
- Regular vitamin C tablets (crushed in a sock or nylon) and also held against that area - indicative of iron in the water

Post back and let us know if either of those make a difference.

Ok so i did both tests! The chlorine tablet did nothing but a single vitamin c tab rubbed on the stain did remove it. So is my solution to just rub vitamin c over all the stains or is there a product i can buy that will remove it. Thanks!!

Brian

You can use more vitamin c tabs if you want, or purchase some ascorbic acid and spot treat those areas. Glad it worked for you. For future reference, you need to figure out where the iron came from - fill water or something metal left in the water or added to the water. On a well perhaps?

Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains
How to spot treat with absorbic acid

yes i am on a well, so i am guessing it is from that. After I remove the stains does it make sense to use a product like jacks magic stuff on a regular basis?

does it make sense to use a product like jacks magic stuff on a regular basis?
Absolutely! That should help contain the iron in the water and prevent it from staining as much if at all. Of course it will need to be replenished from time to time, but that's the nature of being on well water. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.